Saturday, July 9, 2011

Blogger used blog as a motivator to loose weight

Well here goes!  I just saw a headline about a gal who lost 112 lbs by blogging about it and using the blog as her motivation.  This seems utterly simple in concept and very possible in my life.

Last week I didn't make any bread.  That was good, but then I found ways to get around the loss of bread by making things like fat free pancakes.  They were so disgusting, I ended feeding them to the compost pile.

Lucky for me the garden is starting to put out a few items and I will be able to augment my diet with freshly picked vegetables and some berries from the property.

I ate my first cucumber yesterday from this year's garden.  This morning I picked some large heads of broccoli.  I am having Broccoli for lunch.  Meanwhile, this morning I have been soaking my flax seeds for crackers to be made in the dehydrator.  I soaked some almonds last night.  I put them in the food processor and ground them up.  Then I added the almonds to the soaked flax seeds with some sunflower seeds.  After a few hours they were ready to flavor.  I decided an organic cocoa powder and agave syrup for sweetner would be good.  I also added raisins to the mix and they will add some sweetness too.
I spooned the glop onto the dehydrator teflex sheets and found I had made more than I had bargained for.  I laid out some wax paper on the racks and finished the job of making little crackers.  I will turn it on and tomorrow around this time they should either be done, or ready to turn over and finish off.  Sometimes the moisture content can not be estimated and I just dehydrate until they are ready.

Now for some work around the house for some badly needed exercise.  The vacuum  is my playmate for the next few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment